October 21, 2008

tropical flavor~~

Early dinner strategy worked out. I slept for 8.30 without interruption!!! wooooo......that's a marathon of sleeping for me.

As you can imagine, how happy and energized I am now. So, I made myself the tropical oatmeal inspired by Jennifer. Although I forgot to put cinnamon and flax and added my new favorite oatmeal topping: cottage cheese! So, mine was made with
  • 1/3 cup of pre-made steel cut oats
  • 1/2 banana
  • 1 tbsp egg white
  • 2-3 chunk of frozen pineapples
  • 1 tbsp of coconut flakes
  • 1 tbsp of grounded almond (I want to finish it ASAP so I can get almond butter)
mixed

It was so unique flavor, the mix of citrus fruit and coconut! Banana and cottage just gave it the creamy consistency. I enjoyed it so much~~~ (and I'm happy because I'm skipping sweetener to sweet my oatmeal, it lets me taste better others ingredients)

And my cup of coffee (with splenda unfortunately), hopefully one day I can enjoy it plain too.

8 comments:

Zesty Cook said...

WOW this looks amazing! I love the combination of flavors.

Great post.

Meg said...

I have been seeing a lot of coconut lately. I really need to go buy some. Thanks for inspiring me!

Anonymous said...

Happy Tuesday!!!

Those oats look really good... I haven't bought coconut in awhile, I should.. you just try adding some coconut milk to your oats :] I duno it just sounds like it'd be divine!!!

I haven't had sugared coffee in years.. I love it black :]

Krista said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

My burger only stayed up like that for as long as it took to take the picture! :)

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Glad the strategy worked out; and hooray for tropical oats!!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Saw the comment you left for me, on your previous post = my favorite section of SELF is the nutrition/recipe section :0)

Balance, Joy and Delicias! said...

veggiegirl: that's my favorite section too!!! sometimes when I'm impatient, I don't even read the other sections.

Kelly said...

Sounds yummy. This reminds me of a healthy, oatmeal version of a dessert I love called "Hawaiian Cream Cake." I bet this would be amazing with some macadamias in place of the almonds.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin