October 22, 2008

lovely color, lovely morning~~

I woke up at 5.15 am this morning, after almost 7 hours of sleeping. I'd prefer to have 8 hours of more, but this morning I felt I had enough sleep already so I got up right away because I was excited to experiment new flavors for my oatmeal inspired by Tina.

Last night I made steel cut oats. My method is to use 1/2 cup + 2,5 cup of water, simmer for about 40 min low. After that, I use 1/3 of it, 1/4 of oat bran, 1/2 cup of water and stir. Let it soak at night. This morning added the rest ingredients
  • 1/2 soaked oat&oatbran mix
  • 1/2 banana
  • 1/2 cup of frozen strawberries
  • 1/4 egg white
  • topped with EnjoyLife granola
  • 1 tbsp of cottage cheese (I'm becoming addicted to it)

It turned out to make a HUGE bowl of lovely pink color oatmeal. Pink used to be my favorite color when I was a teen. I like to have everything (clothes, bag, utensils) in pink. Nowadays, I felt like I'm older enough to quit that addiction. However, every time that I see something in pink, my inner-little girl spirit just comes out!

And my daily coffee and FT.

it's only 7.20 am and I'm almost done with all morning stuff (breakfast, blogging, reading newspaper) . I'll make my morning productive, study a lot and then maybe tonight I can go to pier 1 imports (recommended by Kath) to get some new bowls and placements.

Since the daily question is in fashion in the blog community. I'll begin to do it (maybe not daily) posting my random thoughts and wonders.

Question 1: what supplement do you take? why? do you take daily or just when you remember?
I don't take anything in daily basis. Because I think a complete food range diet is healthier and safer way to get most of vitamins/minerals from them. Sometimes I take B-complex. I took flaxseed oil, grapefruit seeds extract, vitamin C, but to be honest, I didn't feel any change on my body.

8 comments:

Zesty Cook said...

mmm yum, the steel oats look amazing. thanks for sharing.

zesty

Meg said...

Yeah for pink oats!

I take supplements daily b/c I know that even though I try, I don't get enough in my diet!

Meg said...

I take iron, a prenatal vitamin, and digestive enzymes.

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Love the oats!!!

I take a multivitamin.

Balance, Joy and Delicias! said...

Meg, My doc also recommended me to take prenatal. Which bran do you take? For how long have you been taking it? did you feel or notice anything different?

Unknown said...

whoo hoo for pink breakfasts!!!
thanks for the comment on my blog- it helped me to find yours!!!
i take a multi everyday but that's it!
love the FT-- we were forced to read it in undergrad until i started to actually enjoy it!

Danielle said...

I love oatmeal, your bowl looks especially delicious too, yum!

I take a multivitamin daily... just in case :)

TNL said...

that's one healthy bowl of oats...I'd love to try this out...

As for supplements: omega3 and a multi along with some flax seeds each day...

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin