October 20, 2008

Best oatmeal ever~~~~


Last night I made steel cuts oats. (first time) I added 5 cups of water for 1 cup of oats, simmer for 45 min. But this morning, when I opened the tapper, the consistency of those oats was not as I wanted.... too solid (?).
So I added 1 cup more of water and simmer it for about 10min to reach the creamy consistency. Today's combo hits the top of my best oatmeal list:
  • 1/4 cup of steel cuts oats
  • 1/4 almond milk
  • 2 tbsp egg white
  • 1/4 FF cottage
  • 1/3 blueberries
  • pinch of salt
  • cinnamon
  • vanilla
  • topped with 1 tbsp EnjoyLife granola (the granola itself is too hard to chew for me, but soaked in the warm oatmeal is just perfect)
I didn't add any kind of sweetener to it, because I just loved how it tastes! maybe it was the cottage cheese that gave it the perfect salty taste.. maybe was the almond milk or the granola? I'm not sure, too many goodies together.
Perfect oatmeal with coffee and FT.

My stomach and soul are comfort with the breakfast! full of energy to begin to work.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just found your blog via a comment you left at See Bride Run! I look forward to reading more!

Meg said...

What a wonderful blend of flavors in your oatmeal!

Tina said...

Ooooh those are some nice looking oats!

Anonymous said...

MM I've never had cottage cheese in my oats before, I have yet to try it.. hehe don't you hate when that happens when food solidifies.. and it's not what you expect :] I still haven't made steel cut oats yet... I bought groats this weekend.. so I wanna test them out... you ever had them??? :]

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Fabulous oats, for sure!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin