October 10, 2008

Vegetarian Chili

This afternoon's snack was an apple with cinnamon, some fiber cereal and powdered soy milk.



Coming back from Costco I put in the oven half squash, prepare the vegetarian chili. I used:
1 cup tomatoes sauce that i made last week
roasted eggplant and peppers
a small head of celery
1 cup of frozen green peas
1 can of red beans
1 package of concentrate vegetable stock from TJ's
1/2 package of Goya seasoning
everything in the pot and simmer for 40 min
and then put 7-8 chopped mushrooms
two handful of spinach
S+P
basil
nutmeg
1/2 tsp sugar

it turned out to be quite good.


While the chili was cooking, I was wondering what to do. And then I realized that I was going to candlelight yoga class, but I couldn't. So, why not to have it at home? That simple thought excited me. I put some candles in my room, my yoga mat and download a short core work yoga podcast from yogajournal.com. It was a 30 min class. I didn't feel enough workout, so I ended up doing 4 min of head inversion, which always exhausts me.

Then, back to dinner! A plate of veg chili with 1 tsp of wheatberries to give more crunch + 1/4 of baked squash! I just can't have enough squash/pumpkin! I love its texture and natural sweetness. Dessert was fage with blueberries and more wheatberries. Peppermint tea as usual too!


tomorrow I'm going to hiking with my best friend, I'm so excited, my first "real" hike in US.

3 comments:

Meg said...

Love your candlelight yoga class and your yoga mat with the dragonflies.

Your chili looks amazing!

Elizabeth said...

The apples and cinnamon look delicious! What a great idea!

Anonymous said...

yum! I loveeeeeee acorn squash! And I agree with Meg- your yoga mat is so cute!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin