October 24, 2008

productive morning~~~

This morning I woke up at 6am (7.5 of deep sleep) full of energy! There is cycling class at 8am, so I thought why not go for a good workout before the 3 discussion sessions that I have to lead this morning. I had plenty of time to prepare the breakfast which was made by
  • 1/3 pre-made steel cuts and 2 tbsp of oatbran
  • 1/2 frozen blueberries
  • 1/2 banana (I didn't cook it in the oatmeal today, if not sliced it and pour into the mix)
  • 1 tbsp grounded almond
  • 1 tbsp of coconuts
  • 2 tbsp of cottage cheese
The result? a big bowl of yummy!!!!

I finished it before 7, so I had a little more than one hour before the workout, nice!

The 45m spinning class was really good, I could feel that today I was more energized than usual because I added more turns to the bike.

The big bowl of oatmeal hold me quite long. I didn't feel hungry until almost 11am. I packed this morning 1/2 of EnjoyLife granola (cinnamon flavor) which was was fabulous!!!!!
(I had probably 2/3 of this pack). I like it much more than the apple flavor.

Back home around 12.30, I was starving! First thing to do before I prepared the lunch that I had planned was to have a cup of almond breeze, so my stomach doesn't bother me when I prepared my lunch.

Last night I soaked 1 cup of brown rice and 1/3 cup of aduki beans together with some chinese dates. This morning I put them in the rice cooker and left it making when I left home to have them ready for lunch. (I'm such a planner!!!). So, the only part of the lunch that I had to prepare was the sauce for the veggies and the turkey meat bowl. I took the recipe from this book
which is extremely easy to make but delicious!
  • 1/2 medium onion
  • 1/2 can of tomatoes
  • 2 tbsp of tomato paste
  • 1 cup of water
  • 2 tbsp of corn starch
  • 1 cup of soy milk
  • 1 tsp of sugar
  • S+P
Put everything together except the corn starch and soy milk to boil and then simmer for 10-15 min. Meanwhile I put the veggies and the meatball in the microwave. Once they are done, I pour into the sauce corn starch dissolved in the soy milk. Lunch is ready:
I put some raisins and Gram Marsala to the rice as Kath did, yummy!
Dessert was 1/2 cup of yogurt with 1/4 cup of pumpkin with a lot of cinnamon.

I feel I've done so much this morning~~~~~ but I'm not tired at all. it must be all the great foods and workout that I had! Okay, need to do some work now!

6 comments:

Krista said...

Great looking breakfast and lunch! Hooray! I'll have to try a spin class one day!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Hooray for a SUPER productive, delicious day so far!!! Love the food (the breakfast, EnjoyLife granola, and lunch!!), and everything else :0)

Enjoy the rest of your afternoon!!

Unknown said...

i love spin!!
i have that cookbook, too-- it's a great one :D
enjoy your day!

Balance, Joy and Delicias! said...

it's a great vegetarian cookbook with easy and delicious recipes. I had it abandoned in my bookshelf, it's time to give it its deserved attention!

have a great afternoon everyone!

Anonymous said...

What a great way to start your day!

I had to move gyms when my office moved, and now, no more spin class - that is what I miss the most! (oh, and the pool too! :()

Have a great weekend! Hope its as productive as your morning!

Susan said...

The breakfast looks delicious!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin