October 16, 2008

"pumpkin queen" is back!

Good morning everyone. After sleeping another enjoyable 8 hours, I am a happy girl again. (sorry that I'm so excited about it. I used to have sleeping problems, so now that I can sleep regularly 8 hours makes me so happy!)

I really miss pumpkins. Since I only go to TJ's to buy groceries recently, I couldn't find canned pumpkin there and I'm too lazy to go to shoppers/giant just to get them. So, it's about two weeks that I don't have pumpkin oatmeal. Every time that I see post of others bloggers' recipes with pumpkin, specially Meg that does it so frequently, I feel bad not having it in my pantry.
So, desire should become into action to satisfy it! last night I made butternut squash puree (that's why I put quotes to pumpkin), it's pretty similar to pumpkin I think, even though the color is not so intense. I made it with the magic cookware called waterless cookware. It doesn't need water to cook ANYTHING, it used water contain in food to generate stem to cook the food. It's healthy and it preserve more vitamins than other cooking method.

Each pan has a stem control.

Finally this morning I could have pumpkin oatmeal!!! Today's combo:
  • 1/3 c. oats
  • 1/3 c. "pumpkin"
  • 2 tbsp of black sesame powdered
  • 2 tbsp egg white
  • topped with pumpkin seeds
It makes a huge bowl, I had to use a larger bowl. (which has kitty's face on it)
Breakfast also includes a kiwi and cup of coffee!

Such a way to begin the morning!

As I have more "pumpkin" puree, I'll do something with it later today. So, wait for more pumpkin post.

5 comments:

Meg said...

I am so excited to see more pumpkin posts! I have never had sesame seed powder.

carla said...

HOW COOL IS THAT WATERLESS COOKWARE.

Ive never seen it---off to goooogle.

MizFit

Anonymous said...

hehe you should just call it butternut oatmeal then :] I LOOOVE black sesame seed powder!!! have you tried Kabocha? I just had it last nite, it's delicious and sweeter than butternut but very pumpkin like!!!! You'd love it with your oatmeal!!

BOBBI McCORMICK said...

neato steamer! Cute blog:)

Anonymous said...

Fun cookware! Mmm ... pumpkin oats!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin