October 16, 2008

pumpkin & pumpkin

Sorry for my late mid-day post. After I finished my lunch I had to run to campus and then went to a good 45 min spinning class.
As it was announced this morning, I did pumpkin muffins! Here's the recipe:
  • 1/2 c. oats
  • 1/2 c. whole wheat flour
  • 3/4 c. of pumpkin or butternut squash puree
  • 3 tbsp egg white
  • 1 whole egg
  • 3/4 baking splenda
  • 1/2 "beauty" drink (I'll explain it later)
  • 1 tbsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp nutmeg
  • 1/2 pumpkin spices
  • 1/4 pumpkin seeds (where the name came from)
just put all the dry ingredient together and wet ingredient together, mix them and pour them in whichever form you want and bake in 350F for about 25-30 min. Voila! They're so soft, just sweet enough for my taste!

Well, now about the "beauty" drink. It's made with white fungus and chinese dates. When they're dry, they look like this:

I soaked them about 2 hours and then put them on the slow cooker with water and chinese dates for about 12 hours!!!! So, they get dissolved completely into a starchy liquid! this means all its collagen is released and as you might know, collagen is essential to keep our skin moisturized and elastic. That's why I always have it and every time I drink it I feel that I'm doing something good to my skin. Besides of that, it contains much iron, vitamin C, calcium and phosphorus.
when they're made, in almost liquid form


Back to food. For lunch I used one serving of rice salad and 1/2 canned salmon. Delicious! I love canned salmon, I'll do more recipes with it! As side dish, I had a small salad made with sprouts+sprouts and cherry tomatoes. Desserts was half cup of fage with cinnamon.



Before my spinning class, I had two pumpkin muffins. When I went to co-op to buy some ingredient for my new "special" lasagna, I saw these. I was not sure if they will taste good or not, but at least they're cute. So, I bought them, (after having two muffins) I still managed to have 2/3 of the cookie, they're so yummy!!!!


back home, I had my daily apple.

okay, that's all for now. Back later



8 comments:

Wei Tou said...

thanks dear!
the pumpkin-pumpkin taste really great! I like its moisture style
and i'm a pumpkin-holic now:-))))

Meg said...

Yeah for pumpkin muffins!

I am intrigued by those cookies!

HangryPants said...

Great muffin recipe.

Thanks for the review of those Thrive cookies. They have them at my school cafeteria and I've been curious about them!

Zesty Cook said...

Can you really beat pumpkin..... someone brought in pumpkin cookies in the office yesterday - I almost gave her a hug!! :) great post

zesty

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Looove all the pumpkin!!! :0)

Saw your comment on my blog - it wasn't the easiest baked item I've ever made, but it wasn't TOO difficult either. Try it out! :0)

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Honestly, there's no real method to making the bread - just follow the recipe, and experiment with how you want to manipulate the dough. It's fun! :0)

Elizabeth said...

How did the "beauty drink" taste?

Balance, Joy and Delicias! said...

the beauty drink has a light sweet flavor, but doesn't have a intense taste.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin