October 26, 2008

back to normal~~~ baking time!

Yesterday was terrible in all sense. After the crazy night crazy eat episode, I had headache all day long and still had to study all day long (about 7-8 hours)! It was a raining day and my belly was feeling weird all day. After the bowl of oatmeal I barely eat the rest of the day. I had a small apple with cottage cheese, a bowl of leftover veggies that I couldn't finish. so you guys can imagine how bad mood I was. Anyway, my cousin called me around 6.30 that he was arriving to the hotel so I forced myself to change my mood. (but the truly was I didn't want to see anyone). The traffic was terrible (well, saturday night) and then we went to Tyson Corner for dinner. There was a waiting line of 45 min!!! gosh!!!!!!!!!! well, at least we had some good chat meanwhile. by the time we got a table I was exhausted. We waited another 30 min until the meal came. He ordered steak and as I didn't have meal during the day I wanted something yummy so I ordered fish with rice and veggies. But it turned out to be fried fish!!!!!!!!!oh~~~~~~~~~~~ is it possible to have a worse day????? I barely touch the fish and ate some rice and veggies, but my cousin was happy with his steak. He said that American steak and potatoes taste so much better than in China! well....... he's the guest, so his satisfaction is the most important thing for this dinner.

I arrived almost 11pm, more more exhausted and hungry. So I had a cup of fage with pumpkin and went to bed.

This morning I woke up early again, at 6 and couldn't go back to sleep again. but I thought, at least I had 6 hours and half of long sleep, not so bad!

I missed my oatmeal so today's bowl was huge.
  • 1/2 cup of oats
  • 2/3 large banana
  • 1 tbsp flax
  • cinnamon
  • vanilla
  • 2 tbsp wheatberries
  • 1 cup of frozen raspberries
  • 1/4 cup cottage cheese
So yummy and satisfying!
once mixed, pinker (does this word exist?)!!!
And cup of coffee and yesterday's FT. I love the weekend section, specially the book review part.
I'm going to 10.45 yoga session so I had time after finished breakfast at 8. I was in the mood of baking!!! since last weekend that I bought zucchinis I wanted to make zucchini muffins.
Details of the procedure
peel the zucchini
which yields about 1.3 cup shredded
1/2 cup of whole wheat flour
1/2 cup mix of oats and oat bran
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tbsp flax
1/2 almond breeze vanilla
1/4 cup of agave nectar
cinnamon
nutmeg
1 whole egg and 1 egg white
mix dry ingredients and wet ingredients, then together.
pour into muffin cups, decorate with raisins (inspired by Tina's pumpkin muffins)
after 20 minanyone wants a bite?

I'm heading to yoga! hope everyone is having a great Sunday~~~ (if not, do some baking!!! it's so healing!)

9 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Ahhh, hang in there after yesterday's events!!

Ooooh, fabulous oatmeal (pinker IS a word, I believe).

I baked this morning as well, haha!! :0) Love your muffins!!

Wei Tou said...

is the muffin sweet or salty? very curious since I saw veggies there:-)))

Balance, Joy and Delicias! said...

veggiegirl: what did you bake? I didn't see your blog updated.

weitou: I put agave nectar, which means is sweet!!!!!!! Of course, you'll try them later!

Green Eyes, Green Heart said...

What a cute blog! Glad I found it! :)

And yes, pinker is SO a word!! :D

~Erin @ "Vegan & the City"

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the less than stellar day... sounds like quite a lot of frustrations going on there. Sigh!

Glad today seemed better though! Can't beat a great honkin bowl of oatmeal, some ZUCCHINI muffins and a good yoga class. What a combo.

Krista said...

Delicious looking muffins!

Meg said...

I'll take a bite. They look delicious. Hope your tummy feels better!

Anonymous said...

we really should swap muffins! haha, yours look fantastic!

Anonymous said...

LOVE BAKING!! your muffins look soooo good I think I might bake tonite now.. :D I've still never used agave nectar yet... i was considering buying some this wkend but I tend not to add too much sugar in general in anything I make or eat.. so usually I just use brown sugar, honey or maple syrup

Yay for PINK OATS & wheatberries, just looking at the wheatberries in your photos makes me wanna chew on them... haha :]

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin