October 1, 2008

Chinse one pot meal

This is y a very traditional meal from Shanghai. I've had it before but didn't write the recipe.
Ingredients:
  • rice (any kind, I used 2/3 brown, 1/3 white)
  • pok choy (a big package)
  • shitake mushrooms
  • sausage (or any other kind of smoked meat)
  • edamame (cooked)
  • Salt, Sugar, Oil
1. Chop all the ingredients
2. Sautee all the veggies and the sausage for about 10min with some oil.
3. Put rinsed rice, sauteed veggies into the rice cooker.4. Cook the rice until it's ready.
5. Stir, seasoned with salt and pinch of sugar and re-cook again for about 10 min more.
6. Ready to serve!It doesn't look pretty, but it's soooooo delicious!!! I like to make a big pot and freeze them in small package so it's my frozen meal for those days that I don't want to cook. I think it's healthier than frozen meal that you buy in store.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks great !

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin