October 31, 2008

happy halloween everyone~~~

I guess you guys are enjoy Halloween party right now, unfortunately I don't have any Halloween party tonight, BUT I have a tw0-person family party, so that's even better!

I'm so tired now! I woke up at 5am, went to the airport, the flight was one hour delay. While I was waiting I was falling into sleep, so a large Starbucks coffee. Back home with Dad, we went together to campus because I have to teach today. He wanted to see me teaching....his little girl is teaching now...... that's incredible for him..... so I let him sit in my class. He was the happiest Dad in the world and I was the happiest daughter at the same time watching him so proud and so happy~~~

This afternoon my home is a total mess.....my roomie is moving out and my friend is moving in, so you can imagining all the box and random stuffs in the living room. I cleaned, organized and cook for Dad.

Today is Halloween and my way to celebrate it is to have a lot of pumpkin (isn't it obvious by now?) I had pumpkin oatmeal twice today, for breakfast and for dinner.

Breakfast combo was
  • 1/2 cup oatmeal
  • 1/2 cup almond breeze
  • 1/2 cup baked butternut squash
  • vanilla
  • cinnamon
  • a pinch of salt (this is a key ingredient to let oats to release its flavor, I just learned it from Heidi's book)
  • 1 tbsp flax meal
  • 1/4 cottage cheese
  • 1 tbsp coconut flakes
No FT today, instead I was reading the material that I had to cover in today's discussions.
This combo hold me from 6 am to almost 1 pm..... so satisfying and delicious!

Lunch was baked tofu, sour and spicy soup with eggs and curry veggies with meat (pre-made), and rice. Typical chinese meal.

I cleaned and organize the kitchen for 3 hours, when I finish I was needing a big snack... so I had apple with cottage cheese, tons of cinnamon and a big bowl of EnjoyLife granola.

My fridge is totally empty. I was planning to go to do groceries with Dad this afternoon....but both of us were really tired and decide to postpone it ..... so, dinner was really simple, I came up with a porridge made with millet, brown rice, a canned salmon and chinese dark egg, S+P. My Dad really liked it!
I made two side dishes as well....One is black fungus salad and the other one is a hydrated green leaves salad (similar to spinach), both of them seasoned with soy sauce, salt, sugar and sesame oil.
I wanted more pumpkin oatmeal, so I had another pumpkin oatmeal (just oats, baked butternut and water).

I was so full when I finish dinner that I couldn't have dessert....but 30 min later, some digestion was done, a Fage would fit. So, I had Fage with cinnamon. (no pic!)

While you guys are having fun with your amazing custumes (which I want to see pics later), I'm heading to bed soon. Really really tired........ !! Hopefully I can get a good night sleep so I can take my Dad tomorrow to DC and show him around.

Enjoy your party for me~~~~~~~~ ^_^

10 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Your dad must have been so proud. What class do you teach?

Meg said...

How cool that your dad was there! You know he is so proud!

Yeah for 2 bowls of pumpkin oatmeal!!!!!

Balance, Joy and Delicias! said...

Juliet, I am TA of intermediate macroeconomics.

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

HAPPY BELATED HALLOWEEN!!!! Looks like you and your dad are having lots of fun - hooray!! :0)

Have a wonderful time in D.C.!!

Caitlin at Healthy Tipping Point said...

WOW macroeconomics! i'm impressed.

and i can't believe you cleaned your kitchen for 3 hours today. can you come clean mine for 3 minutes? it would make a vast improvement!

Balance, Joy and Delicias! said...

hahhaha.....caitlin: yes I'm a little bit obsessed about the cleanness, specially for my kitchen because I spend so much time in it and I enjoy cooking in a clean place.

HangryPants said...

That is a lot of cleaning. You must be pooped. Enjoy your Saturday with your dad!

Anonymous said...

seems like you and your dad are having a really good time! and he gets to enjoy your food too :D

your squash oatmeal always look so SUNNY!

Trying To Heal said...

i bet your dad not only enjoyed watching you teach but also your yummy food!!!

and macroecon? dannng girl...i give you props..econ was never my style!!

have a great time with your dad and i hope you get to stock up your fridge!

Anonymous said...

that is an interesting breakfast combo. butternut squash is a cool ingredient. i usually use canned pumpkin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin