May 31, 2009

MIA for a reason! ^_^

Sorry lovely people that I've been MIA without notice, but I had good reason for it! STAR is here!!! Yeah~~ He arrived on Friday night and will stay here until next Tuesday! So, with the craziness of work, commute and trying to live a normal life with blogging and work outs, I couldn't find time to blog. But fortunately it will work out soon! I already have some kind of "plan" for the work out!
So, first recap of Friday. Because of the excitement of Thursday night's climbing, here's the one pic of meI couldn't sleep well (5 hours) so I was sleepy and tired all day long.
Breakfast was a dessert style breakkie: chocolate pudding oatbran which was soooooooo delicious!
  • 1/2 cup oat bran
  • 1/2 cup almond breeze chocolate
  • 1 tbsp cocoa powder
  • 1/2 cup silken tofu
  • 2 tbsp flax meal
  • topping: frozen strawberries
It was soooo delish and hold me until lunch time. For lunch I packed scrambled tomatoes with egg, bamboo with chicken and leftover eggplant with cucumber. And a big bowl of brown rice.We didn't have a break/lunch room so I had my lunch on my desk. Where I had my dessert too.
PM snack: a tomato (yes, I like it as fruit sometimes) and McCanne's packed flavored oatmeal.Back home exhausted dinner had to be quick and easy: sauteed chinese broccoli, bamboo with chiken, steamed kabocha and rice porridge.Dessert: two marrocsThen Star arrived!!!~~~ So excited and so happy!! ^____^
We slept well (fortunately he didn't have jet lag). I woke up an hour before him and went to the gym for some cardio (haven't done it for ages and really craved it): 30 min on the treadmill and 20 on Elliptical. Back home, he just woke up, perfect timing for breakfast!
He had pork buns with almond milk (I made it)And I had WW toasts with 2 kinds of homemade AB and a mango.After we did laundry (Star did it) and some cleaning (Star did it) we went to Farmer Market. It was my first time here in US and it was so exciting to see fresh produces! ^_^ Look these strawberries, soooooo appetizing! I had two boxes for $12 (so expensive!!! but so worth it!)
Lunch came late (2pm). I made sauteed pork with chili and lotus and sauteed bok choy for Star.I made a gigantic cleaning fridge kind of salad: a bed of fresh greens, tomatoes, sauteed mini peppers with mushrooms and 1/2 avocado, dressing was simply olive and balsamic.I had a belly expansion after this huge bowl. But there is always space for my fav dairy free chocolate pudding.We spent the whole afternoon watching chinese tv-series and snacking
kamut flakeskorean cookiesand etc....
All these snacks ruined my appetite for dinner, so I had a small bowl of porridge with some Chinese pickles and kabocha!You guys might think we should do something more exciting than just lying down and watch movies... but both of us actually enjoy more this way of relax! so boring but so enjoyable! Look how we look Hope all you guys have a great Sunday~~ ^_^

24 comments:

Mara @ What's For Dinner? said...

Enjoy your time together!!!

annie said...

ooohh pork buns and sauteed pork! looks sooo good! you need to cook for me!

Mrs. LC said...

Aw Coco you guys look so sweet together! (And no worries, my husband and I love just cuddling and watching movies/ relaxing over being crazy and adventurous most days!) No one faults you for spending time with your love over blogging! I think we'd all make the same decision in your shoes! Have fun!!

Anonymous said...

You and Star are so cute together! Enjoy your time with him :)

Rachel said...

So glad you guys are having fun! Enjoy the rest of your time together.

Much love,
Rachel

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you guys are enjoying spending time together. Is that a picture of the Queen on that spoon?

Melissa @ For the Love of Health said...

Hey! It looks like we suffered from the same thing: not enough time to blog! Glad you are back! I am too! :-) It looks like you've had a great couple of days! Awesome! Your food looks really good too! Those fresh strawberries look incredible! :-)

Krista said...

Look at you scaling that wall!!!

Glad you enjoyed the farmer's market! The berries are a bit pricey here, too, but are SO good!

Great eats today....the bar you had a work was really good, by the way!

You and Star look perfectly content. That is awesome!

Anonymous said...

yay, so glad you and star have this time together! and look at him go on the chores -- what a helper.

i approve of the post-expansion pudding -- dessert does go to a separate stomach, you know :-)

enjoy the rest of your visit!

Gina; The Candid RD said...

There is nothing more exciting and relaxing than sitting and watching some tv with the man you love :) Nick and I do it every night, and we discuss the shows we are going to watch ahead of time (haha, that is lame I guess). So your food all looks delicious, as always. I'm curious about the bamboo, do you buy that at the grocery store??

Anonymous said...

What a great excuse not to blog - you are forgiven :-)

You definately look very happy and lovely together, and to be honest, I think spending time watching movie are far more fun than going out.

Great cardio workout too! You go girl!

Also, rydze are indeed mushrooms... :-)

Maggie said...

Oh my gosh I'm so happy for you :) What an awesome weekend. My favorite thing to do is just lounge around with Bobby too. I often don't get to blog on Saturday or Sunday because it's hard to find time.

Yay for farmers' markets :) They are great. I missed it this weekend :( But I'll go next weekend instead.

Erica said...

So happy for you :) Enjoy your time with star. All the food looks great (especially fresh from the farmers market) and I want to try those marrocs! Have a good Monday

janetha said...

aweee you and star are SUCH a cute couple! so fun to have him here again! or there i guess. haha. love the climbing photo, you are a natural. and my fave food photo not he post was the peppers/avocado salad! yum! it is nice to see some photos of you on here! have a great time hanging with star! xoxo

Anonymous said...

SUCH a cute couple. your salad looks soooo good. i love avocado!!! hehehe... i haven't had kabocha in awhile.. esp since it's out of season now... i think i can only find it in japanese supermarkets and my fav one closed recently :[ boo.

The Dainty Pig said...

Yay for more wonderful time with Star, lovely snacks and food, and a trip to the farmer's market. Sounds like the perfect weekend to me!

Jessica said...

aw glad you had a good day!! I looove relaxing. By the way was that the dupont farmer's market? I got their strawberries too :) delish!

Alison Can Read said...

Glad you're having a great time together!
I love bok choy. Sometimes the simplest dishes can be the best.

Unknown said...

cute pic of you guys! enjoy your time together :) and love the farmers market goodies!!

Anonymous said...

haha, I love how you're always so happy with Star! and how sweet he is to help with laundry and cleaning! I like a man who doesn't think he's too manly to help around the house!

Anonymous said...

awe so cute! Enjoy yourselves, but save those strawberries for me. They look scrumptious.

april said...

That porridge looks good! do you make it yourself?

Balance, Joy and Delicias! said...

Rose 'n' Coffee: yes, it's a souvenir that Star bought when he went to London.

Gina: these are dry bamboo. I'll take pic of it next time I make it. You can find it in chinese market.

April: yes I made the porridge and it's really easy. Just put brown rice and dry corns into slow cooker and cook with enough water for 8 hours.

Julie said...

so glad Star is there have an awesome time together :)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin