May 16, 2009

A "housewife day"~~

Yesterday was a very enjoyable housewife day. By that I mean cleaning, ordering, ironing and groceries. I used to do them often but not all together in one day! I loved it! I think I might be able to be stay-home housewife one day! ^_^
Breakfast was a fatty one:
  • 1/4 (dry) pre-made steel cuts
  • 1/3 c. almond breeze
  • 3 tbsp flax meal
  • 1/2 c. broco-flower puree
  • topped with big spoon of homemade almond butter.
I added more fatty ingredients because I was feeling dry skin last couple of days. I'm not sure if it's the antibiotic that I'm taking for my ear (it seems that I have some kind of infection so doc ordered me to take antibiotics for 7 days) or lack of enough fat in my diet. Whatever it's the reason, I'd incorporate more healthy fat in my diet to see if it helps.
This combo really hit the spot, it was so delicious and hold me well until lunch after 5 hours. I guess the extra fat really makes a difference.
After talking with my mom for an hour (remember I decided to call them more often? probably everyday?) I ordered my books and did some ironing.I'm not good at it, I can't remember last time I did it, but I managed to iron most of my summer cloth and work cloth (for the summer intern).
Lunch was another salad (mix greens, tomatoes and mushroom with mango dressing)black/brown rice with balsamic chicken with rainbow carrotsI love this chicken dish!!! Soooooo delicious!!!Dessert: tea + 2 pieces of cottage cheesecake with blueberries.I spent my afternoon working on a food nutrition spread sheet for my Dad to help him keep track of his carbs intake. While doing that, mindlessly I ate 3 chocolates and applesAnd then I and Qiao went to Costco and I load up on fresh producegigantic grapefruits, a whole box of tomatoes, blueberries, Japanese cucumber, mini sweet peppers, mushrooms, almonds for more homemade AB, barramundi fillet, baby spinach and jumbo shrimp
I don't know when I'm going to finish all these!!! But I just can't help when I see fresh produce! So, you'll be seeing me munching more!!! ^_^
I wasn't hungry for dinner (lack of workout perhaps?). I kept it simple: sauteed romaine with mushrooms with chilis flakes, sesame oil and millet porridge.Dessert: steamed kabocha! (yes, I like it as dessert!)Another lovely leisure day~~~ ^_^

Question: Do you go to theaters or musical shows? What about galleries?
I am asking this because when I was protoring the final exam this morning I read a weekend guide and there were a lot of shows advertised. I wonder how's the cultural life here in US.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your oats look so good - I tried nut butter for the first time with mine today and loved them. I enjoy going to plays with my parents when I can - it can be a lot of fun.

Emily said...

Love the fresh produce!

I hate ironing...but I do it anyway to avoid looking sloppy. It's so time consuming, though, and I'm not good at it!

I love going to musicals! I've seen a ton of musicals, but my favorites are Les Miserables, Wicked, and Spring Awakening. :-)

Priyanka said...

Your oats look yummy! The fresh produce looks lovely too!

Krista said...

Great buys at Costco!

Pearl said...

costco yay!

Gina; The Candid RD said...

Taking antibiotics? I would be sure to incorporate more probiotics (kefir, probiotic supplements or foods with them added), because antibiotics get rid of the healthy bacteria in your gut! As for the dry skin, could be dry weather...

Anonymous said...

Looks like youhad a very productive day. I love your tea cup and saucer, very British.

Alison Can Read said...

gotta love costco!

I used to go to musicals all the time. We had season tickets. I've seen tons. My favorites are Rent, Ragtime, and Lion King. I also saw Little House in the Prairie when it debuted in Minneapolis last year and that was great.

annie said...

oh coco you're so prim and proper with your tea set! i love it!

Sharon said...

Yes yes yes, gotta love Costco!

Melissa @ For the Love of Health said...

I LOVE housewife days too! :-) I enjoy cooking, cleaning, baking...shhh! don't tell anyone
I love seeing fresh groceries! Makes me smile!
That's great you decided to talk to your parents a lot more- such a great idea!

I love going to musicals and plays. I have seen many and I think my favourite was Aida.

Have a great day!

Maggie said...

I don't go to many, but when I lived in NYC Bobby and I would go to galleries and museums on the weekends when he would visit. We would go to broadway shows too - I love them. Rent, The Sound of Music, The King and I, Spring Awakening, Aida - I can't remember the rest. Oh, Les Mis! I want to see Wicked (read the book - fabulous).

I've been noticing that my hands are dry! I think it might have something to do with the kabocha, oddly enough. Well it only happens when I chop it. Last night I rubbed olive oil all over my hands and they feel good today. I also like putting olive oil + sea salt + splash of lemon and rubbing it on my skin - it's the best exfoliant, and it's cheap and healthy.

Blah, I hate ironing. I definitely wear wrinkly clothes sometimes because I'm too lazy to do it! I'm spoiled because my dad used to do all my ironing and now that I don't live at home, I don't feel like doing it.

janetha said...

dannng miss productivity! good work!

looks like you got some good buys.

that damn cheesecake lures me in every time you eat it... mmmm...

i LOVE going to operas/broadway/galleries/anything of the sort! when i lived in london it was much more accessible, i loved living there just for the huge availability of galleries and also the cheap last minute tickets to shows. les mis will always be my all time fave, ive seen it half a dozen times.

have a great night!

Julie said...

those steel cut oats look SO good :) I just got some in the mail and I was wondering how you make them and if 1/4cup ends up being a significant amount of oats? let me know how you make them and what they're like :)

Anonymous said...

Your dinner looks so good! and I LOVE that you eat kabocha for dessert...I can eat kabocha any day, any time!
I love musical shows...esp the ones with catchy music so I can hum along and drive everyone crazy!

ChickPea said...

My, my quite the domestic diva you are!

Love that plate with the apples on it.

That's a HUGE bag of almonds--I should get one that size!

Anonymous said...

I TOTALLY bought a kobucha at Hmart last weekend and today, I STEAMED IT so i could eat it CoCO style!!!!! I also baked half of it, which was BAD, so I regret doing that, but....no matter, it's all over now! No more kobucha left. :( i should go buy more then.

I heart costco!!!! And i love musicals too!!! The last one i saw was Rent, which I really don't think was as good as my all time favorite, Les Miserables!!! Hope your weekend is going well dear. :)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin