May 29, 2009

Awesome night!!!!~~~~ ^_^

Last night climbing was AWESOME!!! I got home at 10.30pm and couldn't go to sleep until midnight because of the excitement! I haven't climbed for about a year and was worried about not being able to do it anymore. But our body is so smart, I did it well and was not tired at all! I went there with 3 more friends and they were looking at me lying down on the floor and wonder: why you make it look so easy? hahahah..... I guess yoga made me stronger and trained well all those small muscles that other kind of strengthen training wouldn't do. It was AMAZING people! If you never tried climbing, go and try it! you'll love it!~~~

Quick recap of eats... (I have exactly 15 min to finish this post! as you see, scheduling is still not working). Oh.... almost forgot, I did manage to do a 20 min yoga in the morning! (not a big deal, but at least I began to workout)
Breakfast had to be done in 10 min (prepare and eat), so a gigantic grapefruit and two WW toasts with homemade almond butter (2 kinds).Snack at the office: powder soy milk and cereal bar.
For lunch I packed: scrambled egg with tomatoes and leftover cucumber with eggplants. And big bowl of brown rice.for PM snack I packed pre-made steel cuts with chinese dates and the last piece of almond butter cornbread.I hit the road to go to the climbing gym and got really hungry so I stopped by WF and bought a big salad box (13.75$) for dinner, and ate it in the car while I waited for my friends. It has a lot of veggies, turkey, tofu and hummus.Finished it all and had a sample of chocolate as dessert.I don't know how could I climb with all that food in my stomach, but my metabolism has been crazily fast so I didn't feel weird!
Night snack: white fungus + 2 marrocs (argentinian chocolate)!My friends took pics of me climbing but haven't sent them to me, so let me end with an old pic and update it later.

Question: what's the wildest/most adventurous sport you've ever done?

18 comments:

Gina; The Candid RD said...

I Love to climb! I don't do it often, but whenever I do I always feel really great because it works my arms more than I ever imagine. The craziest sport I've ever done, and most adventurous....I guess water skiing! I know that's not very unique, but that is a port that I really enjoy and it's extremely different than any exercise I ever do!

Krista said...

My daughters b-day last year was at a rock climbing gym and the kids loved it! I thought she would be scared but she went all the way to the top! I've never tried it, but it looks like so much FUN! Can't wait to see your pic...

Anonymous said...

Hello spiderwoman! I love that picture of you starting a climb - you look very nimble and I imagine all the yoga has made you very fit and strong.

Hmm... its not really a sport but I've been sky diving a couple of times. LOVE IT! Best adrenaline rush ever. First you think you're going to die, then you sail down smoothly to the ground. If you like climbing, you have to try falling (from the sky)!

Beautiful eats too - I like your dinner salad. So colourful and delicious looking :-)

annie said...

ooo whole foods is the way to go! you look awesome coco! I want to do that too!

janetha said...

climbing is SO fun! i havent been in ages. there are so many good places to climb near me.

loving your WF salad, dont you hate how expensive it is?! i mean 8 bucks a pound and you can NEVER just get a pound.

glad you found some time to blog though!! yay!

oh and i would say snowboarding is the sport i do that is most adventurous--i once broke my humerus going off a 65' jump, i overshot the landing and it was a nightmare!

Anonymous said...

Climbing looks like so much fun! I've tried it once or twice as a kid but thats it.

Rachel said...

So glad you had such a fun time! I used to climb a lot when I was little, and wasn't too terribly bad at it. Heights aren't my thing though, haha.

That Whole Foods meal also looks DELICIOUS.

Much love,
Rachel

Maggie said...

I LOVE climbing. I've always been into the crazy sports like this. I think the most exciting sport I ever did was spelunking (climbing in a cave - there were big crevices and waterfalls - it was so cool and fun).

Anonymous said...

I'm totally boring when it comes to sport. I love playing tennis, when I can get someone to partner me, but that's about it.

Sweta (My Indian Dietitian) said...

Never heard of white fungus-looks interesting.How is it prepared?Is that a sweet or savory dish?

Julie said...

SO jealous of your WF box! But so happy you had such a great time climbing :)

Trying To Heal said...

what a fun night of climbing! i wish i had the opportunity to do that!

Anonymous said...

I've never really done much adventurous sport...maybe water-jetting? but that was when I was small and I sat behind my daddy! but I'm totally inspired to give climbing a try sometime!
ooh! that crackling caulflower is my absolute FAV from the WF bar!

The Dainty Pig said...

oh wow!
i love to climb so much! yoga is the perfect accompaniment to climbing, as it builds strength, and warms and stretches the muscles. great job :)

food looks amazing too, of course.
have a great weekend!

Alison Can Read said...

I only climbed once and I was TERRIBLE at it. The instructors were getting annoyed with me because I could find my footing or pull myself up. I wonder if I could do it better now that I'm stronger.

I love the WF salad bar. Too bad it's so expensive.

ChickPea said...

Awesome packed eats today! You're such a pro.

I guess I'm pretty tame, because the "Craziest" activity I've ever done is water skiing or kayaking, I guess.

Anonymous said...

i'm glad you had so much fun climbing!! i tried it once and it was SO much harder and scarier than i had anticipated!

it's not really a sport, but i've bungee-jumped before. and i still want to go skydiving! and i ran 13.1 miles today and i think that's pretty wild and crazy, too :-P

Anonymous said...

Indoor rock climbing...I think I did that once and almost died. lol

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin