May 18, 2009

Foodie is hungry!!!~~~

It was a day focused on food!!!~~ I did nothing but eat good food on a gray/rainy Sunday~ What better alternative did I have? And I was especially hungry all day long, so I had to feed the hungry monster inside me :D
Thank you guys for providing me great tips about how to make nut butter... I think my problem was not grind until the butter consistency before adding other ingredients! Also thank you for tips to make green oatbran. I adopted the processor method yesterday to make it.
Spinach on the food processor. Grind for few secondsOatbran making on the stove (1/2 c. oatbran + 1/3 c. pumpkin + 1/2 c. almond milk)Adding oatbranGrind about 1 minute and top with failed maple-raisin almond butterDelicious and no splash! ^_^After finishing those crumbled AB I had to have some smooth AB.... so finishing the jar. Lovely~~~ I need to make some REAL AB again!!!
I was really satisfied with this high fat high vitamins breakfast, but still packed an apple and a bar for mid morning snack since I always have late lunch on Sunday (yoga class and groceries trip afterward).Lunch at 2.30pm: a tomato salad, balsamic grazed carrots and chinese one pot meal.After finished this big plate, I went for more (I warned you, I was a hungry)Dessert: cottage cheese + fresh blueberries + teaI spent my afternoon watching TV, taking a nap and when I woke up I was hungry again. Half of this gigantic grapefruit (almost the size of my head) and a cup of powdered soy milkDinner was delicious too!!! Look what I've preparedStuffed mini sweet peppers with ground beef. It's a traditional Chinese meal and it was my first time making it. It's so easy and sooooooooooo good!!!
  • 1/2 pounds of grounded beef marinated with cooking wine, soy sauce, brown sugar, S+P and corn starch
  • 17 mini sweet peppers
  • sesame oil
  • corn starch
Stuff the peppers with the beef, sauteed it with some sesame oil, soy sauce, add water until almost cover the peppers. Let it cook for about 20 min until 2/3 of the liquid is absorbed. Add corn starch diluted in some water, stir and done!
I also made a quick stir fry with mushrooms, green peppers and spinach.All together with some rice.Look this..... it's really really good. (I had 5-6, can't remember well) ^_^
And then desserts: white fungus drink + steamed kabocha + chocolateThat was a lot of food but I still felt room in my stomach after 2 hours (before bed). So I had a powdered lotus cream. This is the powderafter adding boiling water, you get this cream consistent. Yummy~~
Question: Do you consider you a foodie? Why? How would you define a foodie?

21 comments:

Alison Can Read said...

The oatbran looks delicious w/the pumpkin. And I love that stuffed pepper recipe. Yum!
I don't know if I consider myself a foodie. Yes, in the sense that I love food and cooking. But, "foodie" has a bad connation too - being highly opinionated and acting superior about food. I don't think I'm like that.

Erica said...

Loving the homemade nut butters I'm seeing everywhere! I have tried making my own walnut butter (which turned our really well) and now I want to try other types!

I apoogize for not contacting you (since we were coming up your way!!). I knew we'd be in the area for SUCH a short period of time that there was no way I could meet with anyone :(

Anonymous said...

I think a foodie is meant to be someone very knowledgeable about food, great at cooking etc. But to me a foodie is someone who's interested in all food and eating and cooking it.
I love your tea cup & saucer BTW (I think I mentioned it before) is it part of a set with a tea pot etc?

Balance, Joy and Delicias! said...

Rose: yes, it's a set of British serveware which I love.

Meg said...

All your eats look delicious as always, especially the stir-fry!

Gina; The Candid RD said...

I'm glad you turned your "failed" maple raisin almond butter into a success! I have to try that oatbran with spinach and pumpkin butter...yum! As for the gas, I do think that eating too much (especially too many healthy, fiberous foods) can cause gas. That happens to me sometimes when I eat too much at night especially!

Anonymous said...

Yes, the food processor is the key. I'm glad you had no splash today :-)

More nut butter to be made soon? I look forward to seeing what creations you come up with!

I think I'm a food lover... not sure about foodie. I dont profess to know everything about food or always be super imaginative with my meals. But I appreciate food and do my best :-)

Krista said...

Great day of eats! I really love those baby stuffed peppers!

Lauren said...

The stuffed peppers are so cute - and sound delicious! I don't often eat red meat, but this is great way to eat just a little bit.

I definitely consider myself a foodie, at least according to my definition of what a foodie is: one who loves everything about food in general: shopping for it, preparing it, EATING it, experimenting with new and creative ways of making it, photographing it, talking about it etc...

janetha said...

wow! those stuffed peppers look so good! i sometimes make regular old stuffed peppers in big green bell peppers but i love this idea of a bunch of little peppers, i am going to have to try this some day.

i adore your tea set, have i ever mentioned that?

ummm i am not hip to the foodie definition. i like food.. like to cook it, eat it, learn about it, write about it, try new things.. hmmm i don't know what i would consider myself!

have a great monday!! xo

Anonymous said...

Those stuffed peppers sound great! Love the idea of pumpkin and oatbran too.

Sweta (My Indian Dietitian) said...

The green oatbran looks good-would have never thought of adding spinach to oats!!

Anonymous said...

I'm just wondering if your oatbran is salty because of the spinach! I also noticed that spinach (raw) has a strange after-taste that is probably due to the high iron content, but is that flavor obvious in your oat bran?

Oooh I think I consider myself a foodie cuz i love food and it gets me excited! It motivates me and keeps me entertained. :)

Nabeela said...

loved the variety of food you had today :)
I consider myself a foodie...not a snobby foodie, but the kind who loves to taste and try new things :)

Maggie said...

I want to find that powder!!!

I don't know if I consider myself a foodie. other people do though! they're always asking me where to eat and what to get.

Pearl said...

i love your gorgeous tea set!

Emily said...

Thanks so much for the bday wishes, Coco!

I love your eats, especially the stuffed peppers. They look so good!

I don't know if I'm a foodie? Is that just a person who loves food? I'm not too great at creating my own recipes, though...I'd like to work on that in the future.

Jessica said...

Mmm those chinese stuffed peppers look awesome- how different, yum!

Where did you find that quaker bar- I've never seen that!

Melissa @ For the Love of Health said...

All your eats look very good!

I am a definite food!! I love everything about food. I love looking at it. I love cooking it. I love eating it. I love trying new things. I love looking at other foodie blogs and admire what everyone else is eatinf and get some ideas on what I can eat next.

Anonymous said...

your bowl of oatbran looks gorgeous! that orange and green...orange and green foods are my fav!
hmm...not sure if I would consider myself a foodie...ED is in the way of it, but I would def be a full foodie once I get rid of ED for good! to me, foodie is one who truly enjoys her/his food and would rather spend her/his money on good food than anything else!

ChickPea said...

Those mini stuffed peppers are too cute!
I am definitely a foodie--I spend much of my time scouring cookbooks and reading blogs like yours! However, I am not a "food snob" in that I am open to most kinds of cooking.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin