May 24, 2009

12 hours of shopping!!!

Thanks for everyone's insight about love & marriage. I want to clarify that what I said was my own thoughts, not what is supposed to be. And this is the reason I asked you to know what others think about the topic. All your answers were very insightful, with sincerity and hope! So happy for you people! ^_^
This post will be dedicating to the marathon shopping day that I had, and very poor in term of foods. I left home at 9.30am and did not get back until 10pm, exhausted but happy with all my purchases. Qiao, a friend her and I went to Leesburg Outlet, Tyson Corner Mall and chinese market. I haven't had a entire day dedicated to girls shopping for ages and to be honest, I wanted to go home after the first 3 hours among a big crowd of people (I'm the kind of people who get bored shopping after a couple of hours), but as I was with my friends and they were super enthusiastic about hunting for more, I stayed and didn't complain. And finally I'm glad that I did it because I found more and more stuffs that I liked. ^_^
I finally got the start kit of minerals foundation from Sephora.
I need to figure out how to use it. Do you guys have any tip for it?
Clothes: top from Banana Republic and pants from MNG
As I'm a true foodie who loves cooking/baking and good eats, I spent more time on HOME/Kitchen store than clothing stores. Look what I got: mini baking molds (can't wait to bake mini desserts!!! ) and 3 placematsThat's all! Not a lot, but every item was chosen carefully so I really enjoyed the process of shopping (not just grab the item and check out) and proud of them. ^_^

In term of food, I only had breakfast and a seemingly dinner at home.
Breakfast (after I took Star to the airport) was another bowl of oat bran with coconut milk
  • 1/2 c. oat bran
  • 1/2 c. coconut milk
  • 1/2 c. broco-flower puree
  • big spoon of PMAB
  • frozen blueberries
I grab two bars that were very needed as we didn't have lunch until 2.30pm. We went to Panera and I had the Pick-Two Combo: cafe classic salad + 1/2 Mediterranean veggie sandwich + 1/2 french baguette. It was my first time in Panera and I liked it a lot, especially the french baguette. I finished the WHOLE combo, very satisfied and ready to do more shopping. (sorry, no pic!)
The seemingly dinner at 10.30pm was an apple and another big bowl of kabocha. I was too tired to prepapre dinner, so I went for the simplest and yummiest combo! ^_^
What a wonderful day, isn't it? Girls shopping trips are exhausting but so fun!! ^_^

Question: Who do you go for shopping? Who is your favorite company? girlfriends, boyfriend or your mom? My favorite company is my mom, she knows exactly what I like and can walk for an entire day without getting tired.

17 comments:

Kelly said...

I actually like shopping by myself the most because I can go where I want to shop and I don't have to feel bad trying on 100 things. I actually lose stamina really fast so I like to shop in short bursts.

Anonymous said...

I like Bare Escentuals too! I use the foundation powder. No real advice - its super easy to use! As long as you picked a good colour, you can't go wrong. Let me know how the eyeshadows etc go!

How cute are those molds! I imagine you will have the cutest desserts ever using those!!

In terms of your question.. I like shopping by myself! That way I can go exactly where I want to go, spend exactly as much time as I want looking at myself in the mirror and deciding whether I like something and don't feel 'guilty' for dragging someone else along who probably isn't really interested. When I have something I need to buy, then I'm on a mission and best off going at it alone!

Krista said...

Love your purchases! Like you, I get bored after a few hours of clothes and shoe shopping, but I could probably shop for 10 hours for food related stuff no problem!!!

I like the idea of coconut milk in your breakfast. I'll have to try that sometime!

Alison Can Read said...

I've been thinking about buying the Bare Essentials package. Let us know how it works for you.
I only like shopping by myself or with my mother. It's fun to go with friends sometimes, but usually I prefer to be alone.

Rachel said...

Girls days are definitely much needed every now and then. I like shopping with friends, since in general I don't like shoppping at all, and friend's make it more fun. It looks like you found a lot of intersting things, those baking molds are adorable!

Much love,
Rachel

Pearl said...

i like shopping with my mom, too! she has great ideas and will listen to mine when we come across great finds! i heard that for bare escentuals, you really have to buff the powder in. just keep smoothing the brush over your skin until it's radiant.

A Toronto girl out West said...

I just started using that kit. I use the powder foundation first. Make sure to buff your powder in using circular motions.

I then use the warm powder to over everything again because I'm a bit darker with the warm weather and all.

And then comes the mineral veil which is awesome!!! If I were to buy only one of the three products again it would be the mineral veil!

The only thing I don't like about the kit is that it's not exactly portable. Having said that I have a HUGE purse and a bare minerals case (got it free with my Sephora order) that I carry around with me! :o)

Enjoy!!!

Oh and I mostly like shopping by myself. Unless I'm going to be doing some serious damage somewhere then I want someone with me to help me carry the clothing! LOL So bad I know!

Maggie said...

My favorite shopping is for home/kitchen too. I usually go with Bobby. When I go with my mom she gets tired quickly. My sister is good to go with, but they live across the country so I don't get to go with her often.

Emily said...

I would be wiped after a 12 h shopping trip, too! Sounds like you found some great items, though. I usually go shopping by myself or with my sister (who takes fooorever). I like to go in with a purpose, get what I need, and get out!

Glad you liked Panera, too. They're probably my fave "fast food" type restaurants.

Melissa @ For the Love of Health said...

Oh you got some great stuff!! I have a love-hate relationship with shopping. I don't like the crowds either but I am a definite shop-a-holic. I like going with a friend if I don't have anything in particular to buy but when I have ideas in my head I like to go alone.
A whole day of shopping is exhausting!! You must be tired. haha

I love the Bare Essentials! I really want to get that! :-)


Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

I can't shop for too long, unless I'm making a day of it with friends or my Mum. I do like shopping on my own, then I can take my time.

Sharon said...

Oh, I was totally going to get that Bare Minerals from Sephora, but I resisted, since I still have so much other MAC products! But I can't wait to try BM! Tell me how it goes!

The Dainty Pig said...

that sounds like a great day! a bit exhausting (i also get a bit sick of shopping), but totally worth it! you ended up with some great purchases. I can't wait to see mini heart desserts, a la coco!

Gina; The Candid RD said...

Great purchases! I haven't gone shopping in so long, since I have barely any income! When I do go shopping, I prefer going alone. Unless I am buying clothes for an important occasion, like a wedding or an interview or something, then I like to take my mom!

Jessica said...

I love bare essentuals- they are very easy to apply- the brush is key!

and I love the heart shaped pan :)

Anonymous said...

haha! you're like me! I spend more time at Williams-Sonoma than shopping for clothes!
my fav shopping companion is my mom...because she never gets tired choosing clothes for ME ME ME and will wait for ME ME ME and pay everything for ME ME ME. mom's are great that way...they're even more absorbed in us than we are in ourselves! tee hee!

ChickPea said...

Ooh! I have always wanted to try Bare Minerals makeup; I see it all the time at Sephora.
LOVE Banana Republic!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin