February 7, 2009

lagged jetlag :( and overloading of PB :)

I slept more or less well the first two nights after I came back (waking up at 5am) and I was kind of glad that I don't have jet lag this time. Well.... I'm not so lucky, it caught me finally. Yesterday I woke up at 2am!!! grrrrrr.......... I had to check two clocks to make sure the fact! However, I didn't feel tired at all when I woke up (I guess this is the difference between jet lag and insomnia). You might wonder what I did since 2m! I read (I fulled 1/2 of my luggage with books this time instead of food), I blogged, I ate 1 cup of fiberone with soy milk (no pic!), I read your blogs, I did power yoga #4, which was wonderful, I strongly recommend you guys to do it and it's free! Had breakfast
this is a new thing that I'm incorporating in my diet now. Blended porridge of black rice (blended to make it easier to digest). It has a very creamy texture. You can have it as savory meal as I did or sweet if you incorporate some dry fruits. It's great substitute for oatmeal. It has the function of clear up our digestive system, enriches blood and improve our immune system.
I had it with GYG, dried pumpkin with chili and another kind of pickles.
I had to teach this morning so I went to school with this goodie (forgot to take pic so I'm borrowing this one from quaker's website)This one was sweeter and more sour than the coconut one. It was a big granola bar for me, but I ate it anyway. The texture is great but I prefer the coconut one more.
Waking up at 2am and teaching isn't fun! By 11am I began to feel dizzy and I could barely articulate myself, so sorry to my students!
Back home I made a quick lunch to get into my bed soon. While I was cooking, the overload of Peanut & Co. Dark Chocolate Dream began:
Yeah~~I'm gross, I'm eating it out the jar a la Tiffie.
soooooooooooo good!!!!!!!!! I'm having a dessert before the meal!! heaven!!
A meah lunch: I boiled about 25 vegetarian won tons and add some seaweed for the soup.But the dessert was fabulous: more P&C.
oh......dear!!!! I enjoyed it so much....every single spoon (I lost count I many I had! ^.~)
A took a two hours nap and woke up with a lost feeling, I didn't know where I was (China or US), what time it was (day or night), but it was good to recharge myself a little bit.
Afternoon was not productive at all, the dizziness didn't go away completely. I tried to study a little but couldn't.
PM snack: yogurt + frozen blueberries + cup of fiber one.Went to gym for a nice 45 min on the Elliptical machine to read Women's Health and half of Fitness.
Dinner: chicken soup with pok choy and rice. (another meah meal)
What a day!!! Now I'm praying that my jet lag goes away ASAP.
Oh..... thanks for the comments about my dilemma. I've decided to bring a water heater to my office in campus. Ops.....I forgot that I had an office there. Although it's not a big deal (a big room with 8 desks for 8 grad students. but they only go there when they have office hour), I'll give it a try there!

Hope you guys have a wonderful weekend. What's your plan? anything exciting? My plan for Saturday is to try to do some research in the office.

12 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Hooray for yoga and PB!! :-D

Enjoy your weekend and good luck with the research!!

Trying To Heal said...

oh, veggie won tons!

and loving the hello kitty spoon with one of the best pbs in the world....mwahaha!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you dug into the PB! It looks so good! :)
I'm so glad you're back. I MISSED YOU!
Being buff means being muscular. ;)
It can also mean naked, when used like this: "in the buff."
Today I'm working out and going to work. Snore!

Pearl said...

oh coco! mmm the PB looks so good! i'm glad we've been exchanging e-mails - i hope the jet lag goes away soon! you know, i used to have the WORST jet lag when i went to taiwan, probably because i was dreading the jetlag so much that i always ended up setting myself up for it. hehe.

these two past times, however, i just take a nyquil as soon as i get on the plane (i take the red eye flight). and then i'm basically knocked out and i sleep and sleep and sleep and when i get there, it's morning in taiwan and i'm also refreshed! hehehe :)

Anonymous said...

That is the exact reason I cannot buy that chocolate peanut butter!! I will sit with my spoon (From IKEA not, hello kitty) and eat as much as i can before my hands get dirty. I'll just live vicariously through you eating it!

Unknown said...

i do the same thing with pb :) have a great weekend! i'm going out for ethiopian tonight, and i can't wait!

Unknown said...

Become a follower since today:)

Krista said...

I'm guilty of doing the same thing with my dark chocolate PB! :)

Anonymous said...

I do the same thing with peanut butter :) I really like the black rice porridge idea!

Meg said...

That blended porridge looks so yummy! Is it thick or watery?

Balance, Joy and Delicias! said...

Megan: it's very thick and creamy!

Elizabeth said...

I'm catching up. Not sure how I got so far behind (I think you tricked me by not posting for so long...)... :) Should I try your porridge?

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin