April 9, 2009

Vegetarian Lasagna - Step by Step! ^_^

My day-off was great! I finished almost my to-do lists (no spin class) and more! I prepared delicious meals that will last me forever!! :) I ended my day exhausted than ever. I don't think it was due to what I did yesterday, but due to all the stress that I've been holding until the presentation. Now that I'm more relaxed, I felt the exhaustion!
So, lets move to eats directly. Breakfast was the same (so boring for you, but so delicious so me!)I spent my morning doing laundry and cooking. The broccoli lasagna was so good that once I finished it I wanted more. But a little bit different. Since I enjoy reading recipes that it has detailed step and pics, I want to do it too. Although my pics won't be so professional, I hope you find it useful.
Ingredients for 6 portions
  1. 6 sheets of lasagna pasta
  2. 2 small zucchinis sliced
  3. 1 medium eggplant sliced
  4. 1 can tomatoes
  5. 2 tbsp tomato paste
  6. 2 tbsp oil
  7. 1 medium onion chopped
  8. 2 tbsp wheat bran
  9. fresh parsley and basil
  10. part skim Parmesan cheese
  11. 1/4 c. nutritional yeast
  12. S+P
Prepare the tomato sauce: cook chopped onions to the oil and cook until brown. 5 min. Add 4, 5 and simmer for 20 min. Add 8 and 9 and seasoned. Cool it down for 10 min and blend it.Grill zucchinis and eggplants for about 15 min until crispy.Cook the pasta with salt and oil and drain.Place first a layer of sauceAdd pastaSpread sliced eggplants and 1/3 of nutritional yeastSecond layer of pasta + zucchinis + 1/3 nutritional yeastFinal layer of pasta + tomato sauce + nutritional yeast + mozzarellaBake covered for 35 min and then uncovered for 15 min. And voila! Vegetarian lasagna!While I was cooking I munched on this combo which was delicious: ricotta + squash puree + blueberries.You might think I had lasagna for lunch, but no! Actually I like it more as leftover. Maybe because it sits better the mix of cheese and sauce. For lunch I had a very Mediterranean salad. Remember my last failed attempt with octopus? I'm not so easy to be defeated, so I did a little "research" and found the correct way to prepare it. And here's the result: a octopus, shrimp salad! It was amazing!!!!~~~ A bed of romaine lettuce, sprouts and tomatoes, octopus and shrimp seasoned with balsamic and olive oil. (I find the 2:1 to be the best proportion).This salad will be repeated for the next week's salad challenge.
Dessert: the same pre-lunch snack combo + mixgranola.I had to go to a seminar in the afternoon so I bought this bar with me for snack.Finally I went to manicure after the seminar. Back home, did 30 min yoga and had dinner: the lasagna with steamed kale and asparagus with carrot mayonnaise.Dessert 1: tofu pudding inspired by Erin and Maggie. 1/2 c. tofu + 1/4 c. pumpkin + cinnamon + pumpkin spice, all blended. It was so easy and sooooo good! I shouldn't have waited so long to try it.
Dessert 2: Oikos + vanilla + cinnamon (the irreplaceable)
It was a great day-off! But time to get back to work. Today's to-do list includes:
- teach
- write the draft of the paper
- spin class

Around the blog world:
Honest food giveaway
Want some safe nuts? check out Sarah's giveaway
Join me to the Exotic Food Challenge

18 comments:

Jen (Running with Food) said...

I love the lasagna tutorial. It looks amazing. Really puts me in the mood for pasta ... for breakfast!! Ha! Hope you are doing well, friend.

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

BEYOND stunning lasagna!!

Good luck with your to-do list!!

Krista said...

The lasagna sounds/looks awesome, but it was the octopus salad that REALLY caught my eye! YUM!!!

Pearl said...

mm leftovers look like they'd be deelish!

Anonymous said...

wow that is one good looking lasagna! really want some :D really want octopus too - LOVE SEAFOOD!!

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

Hey coco, I loved your comment on my post yesterday. May I reference you in my post for today?

Run Sarah said...

Love the idea of eggplant in lasagna, looks like it would add tons of flavour.

Fitnessista said...

the lasagna looks delicious! thank you for the step by step!
i love octopus salad :D
have a great day!

Emily said...

Thanks for the lasagna tutorial!

You are so brave to eat octopus!

Anonymous said...

your lasagna looks delicious!

annie said...

I wanna try that lasagna that looks really good! octopus in salad? I never thought about that!

Maggie said...

I am so jealous of your octopus... I am going to have to try cooking it sometime. I've never made it! I love it though.

Sharon said...

Wow, everything looks delicious! The lasagna looks amazing!

Sweta (My Indian Dietitian) said...

The veggie lasagna looks yummy.Definitely a must try :-)

Ana said...

The Tofu pudding looks a gem. What kind of tofu do you use for it? And do you eat it raw or cook it? (Tofu virgin-been using it latetly)

Balance, Joy and Delicias! said...

Ana: I used silken tofu, raw. it's really good! Just blend tofu, squash, spices and voila! a non-dairy dessert! :)

Ana said...

Thank you very much, for that. I shall give it a go. Yum. :)

Balance, Joy and Delicias! said...

Ana: let me know when you try it! :) hope you like it!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin