April 27, 2009

A hot Sunday! ~~ ^_^

Yesterday we hit like 90F here in MD....sooooooooo hot!!!! And the worst part is that the air-conditioning was not on in my apartment!!! I couldn't sleep at night even I opened all the windows. grrrrrrr.......... not having own air-conditioning system sucks!!!
Anyway, my day went very well... A challenge 90 min vinyasa power yoga class in the morning doing new posesI finished around 1pm and had to meet Carmen at 2pm so I was planning to go to WF for a quick lunch. But the GPS was driving me crazy, and DC area isn't so driving friendly so I ended up in a sandwich place near her home (Georgetown) around 1.40pm and had to put into my mouse a turkey sandwich (pic from google pic, I didn't shy to take pic with all people around wondering me eating alone)Meeting with Carmen was good and she was nice to offer me some coffee and biscotti (my fav. tea cookie and hers too). From google pic again, Then I went to WF and TJ's for some groceries. When I was driving back, there was an accident in the highway so I was stuck there for about 30 min... not fun! But I got some good company with me. ^_^ I enjoyed the 30 min having these amazing crackers from Tj's.After almost 1/2 package of crackers I was so thirsty and craved something fresh and sweet. So I had a big gala apple once home.Then Qiao called me for a walk... I love walking around the neighbor with her. I used to walk a lot when I was in Argentina with Star, it's a really a good moment to talk and to connect to the other person.
Once home I assembled dinner in <15. style="font-style: italic; color: rgb(204, 0, 0);">craving salad... yes, after 14 days having salad, I couldn't break the habit suddenly. So I made a smoked salmon salad with 3 oz. package of Tj's smoked salmon, spinach, broccoli sprouts, cucumber, red peppers and white fungus (Maggie, I'm following you), and some olive and lemon juice. It was delicious!!! I love love love smoked salmon!! Although they're pricey, but totally worth it. And the addition of white fungus was so interesting! I've never had it this way, I'll definitely make this again. oh.... I almost forget to mention that I also had oatmeal bagel that Krista sent me. I remembered to take pic of it after munching 2/3 of it, so I took it together when my dessert.... my latest favorite: dairy free chocolate pudding!!! Heaven!!! You'll see more of this, I bought 3 package of silken tofu this week!!! ^__^
And then I had what I missed these last two weeks... chocolates!!! I had to have this (from Krista)it's just the kind of dark chocolate that I love, bitter and not so sweet! It melted perfectly in my mouse. oh.. heaven!!!
oh... I've never show you the amazing breakfast that I had... This beauty
  • 1/3 c. oat bran
  • 2 tbsp wheat cream (thanks to Krista)
  • 1/2 c. almond breeze chocolate
  • 1 cup frozen blueberries
  • 3 tbsp egg white
  • 1 tbsp Cinnamon Swirl PB
It was a big bowl of yummy fuel! Love it!~~~okay. this disorganized post has reached its end. It's still going to be very hot today.. but I'd better get moving, I have a presentation at 12.30pm and haven't studied yet!!! Not my style at all, but as this is just for a reading group that I'm in (financial crisis related), I'm just giving the attention that it deserves! (I'm sure the professor will be mad if he reads this).

Question: Do you take pics when you eat out alone? How do you deal with wondering faces?

16 comments:

Krista said...

What a busy, but good day you had!!! Glad to hear your meeting with Carmen went well!

Bridget said...

I made something similar once, a chocolate mousse made with silken tofu...it was awesome!!! We had a hot weekend too, YAY Summer!! Sucks about the traffic...I can't stand sitting in traffic!!!

Michelle @ Find Your Balance said...

Haha sometimes I take pics when I'm out, but use my iphone so it's a little less noticeable :-)

Pearl said...

good morning coco! hmm, i usually never eat out alone. if i do want something out, i usually just order it and then take it home.

Run Sarah said...

Your dairy free pudding looks great...and yay for chocolate!

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous of your heat - its bucketing down rain here! But i can imagine its no fun without air conditioning.. poor you!

Must say, I am EXACTLY the same when it comes to taking pics of food at restaurants/cafes... I get a little nervous. It's especially bad when I'm with a friend who doesn't know I blog. They probably think I'm on some crazy diet or something!

What a lovely smoked salmon salad. And what is this fungus I keep seeing? Can you tell me a little about it?

1 cup blueberries... I gotta do that. I love how blue/purple your breakfast is! Gorgeous!

Good luck with study.. I know your pain :-(

healthy ashley said...

What a post! I know it was a good day just from reading that you went to WF AND TJ's!

Love the blue breakfast :)

Anonymous said...

Sorry it was so hot - I can't sleep when its too hot either.

Your sammie looks good too - wish I liked smoked salmon - it always looks so good!

Anonymous said...

i am jealous of your heat and the fact that you have access to a TJ's! that salad looks fabulous! when i am alone i use my blackberry to take photos, it just looks like i am testing ;) love your blog!

Maggie said...

I'm almost jealous of the heat! It's been chilly here the last few days. I'm really glad you liked the white fungus in your salad. I actually have to go buy more because I'm almost out of the bag I bought a few days ago.

I'm going to try to make that dairy free pudding tonight. Is it just silken tofu with cocoa powder? I'm trying to think of other things I could add to it (blend it with some banana maybe?).

The Dainty Pig said...

Mmmmm delicious food! And sounds like a great shopping trip :)
I usually just soak my white fungus, then steam or boil for a few minutes, and serve it with steamed veggies. I have yet to try sauteeing it! I am also planning to try making it like you suggested, with the agar and dates.

The Purple Carrot said...

As far as taking pictures when eating out, I always play it by ear just depending on how close I am to people, how many people there are, etc, haha. Because sometimes it's just too weird to take pictures.

Anyways, hope the start to your week is going well : )

ChickPea said...

I haven't had to deal with the food pic thing while alone too often, only when I am at the airport heading to/from school really. I usually just act like I am looking at pictures already on my camera...be sure to turn the flash off if the stares bother you:)

Anonymous said...

what great meals, now i want to try a smoked salmon salad! i don't think i eat out alone very often, i would probably feel very self conscious taking pics of my food too.

Kaffee Ling said...

I take pics since I work for a camera company.I learn how to use single-lens reflex camera ,and I want to know which camera do you use?
Salmon,I love it,and my English teacher Phil also love it ,too.We had a topic with Salmon just 16 hours ago......
Shanghai is not hot,it's warm,the weather is so nice to go outside.But I have to work.I am waiting for 3 holidays in 5.1.....haha

A Toronto girl out West said...

You must be crazy strong to do those poses!

Oh and I tried tracking your package - all Canada Post will tell me is that it's somewhere in the United States. It stopped updating properly once it crossed the border.

Hopefully customs isn't holding it hostage. When it arrives - let me know if everything is in tact. If it's not I'll happily replace it! :o)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin