April 11, 2009

Lots of pics and snacks! ^_^

I just realized when I was importing pics from yesterday that I still have pics from Argentina that I haven't show you. Since my yesterday's eats wasn't so amazing, I guess I'll post them to make this post more visually enjoyable! ^_^
Before moving into that, a quick recap of yesterday. I worked all day long (>9hs) organizing a HUGE dataset.. which made my neck and back sound cranky when I stand up. Oh.. man.. this part of the research isn't fun! And that's the reason I wanted to do as much as I can to get over with it. Others thing that I did? the very needed 30 min nap because I was up at 4am all fresh and awaken. But the lack of sleep did make me snacky all morning!!~~ You'll see. Finally after a long day sitting and working, I craved a sweaty workout. So I went to the gym and run 4 miles and did 15 min of Elliptical for some magazine reading. That felt GOOD!!
Breakfast: no toast but oatmeal, and a pretty one! I cooked 1/3 c. of steel cuts, 2 tbsp wheat bran, 2 tbsp wheat berries, almond milk for 25 min and then blended 1/2 c. tofu with 1/2 c. blueberries. And a tbsp of PB. Look this beauty:It's stunning, isn't it? Unfortunately it didn't help to avoid massive snack later.
Snack 1: almond breeze with wheat berriesSnack 2: Better Whey yogurt with Tj's fiber worms.Snack 3: instant McCann's oatmeal with PB.Obviously after all that I had a late lunch, around 2pm (I had my breakfast at 6am) and carb free. I found in the freeze a sauce that I made (1 month ago?) with meat, onions and green onions. I added some more homemade tomato sauce and white pepper, and a package of shirataki noodles.It was sooooo tasty!!!!!!! I enjoyed it so much despite all those snacks that I had.
Dessert: POM jelly. A few of you asked how I make it. It's extremely simple. I use a bottle of POM juice, add 3 cups more of water and 2 tbsp of agar powder. Boil for 2-3 min, pour into the container and refrigerate it for about 4 hours. I have no more POM juice, so I'm thinking what other flavor I can make. You'll see! ^_^
PM snack before hitting the gym: sliced apple + toast + PB. It seems that I can't live without toast now! ;)
Dinner: a massive salad with a new dressing that I made: 1 tbsp olive + 2 tbsp balsamic + 1 tbsp BBQ sauce. It was surprisingly good!And a gigantic steam corn.Dessert: Plain Oikos + blueberries + flax meal (inspired by Heather).
Now, pics from Argentina. This is a lunch we had in the Hotel Four Seasons.Life is good in Argentina. I miss it!~

Question: When do you feel especially pretty? I definitely feel prettier when I am with my Star! I don't know, some people say that love makes us beautiful, I can certainly feel it, but why?

Today's plan:
- yoga (?) not sure, it's raining
- work
- movie (?)

Don't miss out these:
Salad Challenge
Exotic Food Challenge

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

love makes you beautiful bcause you're HAPPY. a happy person is always beautiful.
and oh...my..god...your breakfast is a work of art. yummy!!!!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

GORRRRRGEOUS blue breakfast and photos from Argentina!!

Hooray for feeling at your best and beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

i just LOVE that purple goodness!! i reeeeally really really want to visit argentinia. wow.

love and happiness defintiely make you feel beautiful! a cute new outfit doesn't hurt either ;)

Kiki said...

Hi, first time commenting here! Your breakfast this morning is so beautiful! Purple foods are the best.

Being in the snow makes me feel beautiful! Getting snowflakes on my eyelashes, and all.

Enjoy your weekend!

The Purple Carrot said...

Okay, so I really need to try wheat berries and almond milk because it sounds SO good everytime!!

Loved all your pictures : ) Have a joyous and wonderful Easter!!!

Krista said...

I love that breakfast! I think I'm gonna steal your tofu/blueberry mix!!!

Great pic's from Argentina!!!

Sharon said...

Those oats are so gorgeous, and oh my goodness, I really want some of that jelly!

Mara @ What's For Dinner? said...

Just beautiful everything...you, the food, the pictures... :)

Alison Can Read said...

Beautiful breakfast! The salad dressing idea is great. I love anything with barbecue sauce.

I just found your blog yesterday and am liking it. I'm a little confused though. Are you in the U.S.? At first I thought you were in Argentina, but it sounds like that was just a trip.

Trying To Heal said...

I def feel pretty when I'm with Brad or my family...or when I'm dressed up and going out! def boosts the self esteem!

Run Sarah said...

I love your top! Argentina looks beautiful.

Using agar powder? I used that so much for when I grew bacteria/yeast as a microbiologist...I'd be scared to eat it!!

Pearl said...

mmm looks delish!

Ana said...

*Drooools* Varied and healthy, what more can you want. Happy to have found your blog. :)

Maggie said...

I feel prettiest when my body feels good, and of course when I'm with Bobby :) I feel great after yoga, after a leisurely walk, after a good night's sleep and a hot shower... :) Lovely Argentina pics!

Anonymous said...

i LOVE your purple oats. wow they sound delicious :)

all of your eats just seem amazing. Im so jealous!

Emily said...

love the beautiful blueberry oats!

Good job on all your research! I hate sitting all day, too!

I feel prettiest when I am making a difference...I think internal beauty manifests itself outwardly. :-)

Meg said...

Love all the eats and Argentina pictures. Yeah for feeling pretty and being in love.

Anonymous said...

Love does make everything so much more beautiful! ;-)

I think time that I feel most beautiful is when I just worked out and showered. I guess it's the clean inside out thing that appeals to me.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin