July 17, 2009

Ready for the weekend? YES~~ Another getaway!

Packed again?

You might wonder where I am going this weekend? hahaha.... yeah~~~ I'm so happy that I can do something fun every weekend! This weekend I'm going to the YOGA RETREAT in SevenOaks. It's my first retreat and I'm so excited about it! Two and half days doing yoga, hanging out with my favorite instructors and other awesome yogis!

Here's the itinerary:
FRIDAY
Arrival: anytime between 3:oo pm and 5:00 pm. Your room will be ready to check in.
You can hang out, check out the lay of the land, swim, hike, whatever!
Dinner: We will all congregate around 6:00 pm for dinner.
Practice: We will have our first opening yoga practice beginning around 7:30 pm. Be prepared for around a 2-3 hour practice. DOn't worry, this involves a bonfire and drumming!
SATURDAY
Breakfast: Served b/tw 8:00 am-8:30 am
Morning Practice: 9:30/10 am-12 pm: Involves a Spontaneous Asana Hike! Bring your shoes.
12-1: FREE TIME
Lunch: Served between 1:00 pm-1:30 pm
1:30-3:30: FREE TIME
Afternoon Practice: 3:30-5:30 pm: Involves Flow Yoga, Flying/Acro Yoga and Restoratives
Dinner: 6:00 pm-6:45 pm
Free Time
Evening Practice: 8:00 pm-10 pm: Ecstatic Bliss Yoga (we're keeping it a secret!)
SUNDAY
Breakfast : 8-8:30 pm
Morning Practice: 9:30-10:30 This will be a light practice/meditation to prepare us for the Sweat Lodge
Sweat Lodge: 10:30-12:30/1:00 pm
FREE TIME
Leave anytime you want on Sunday! Stay and hang out and enjoy the outdoors.

Fun eh?~~

I'm slacking on blogging all my meals which I think at this point isn't interesting nor necessary since I spent most of my day at work, and packed lunch is JUST not interesting and pretty to anyone. So, I'm going to post about my breakfast and dinner only.

Wednesday Dinner: sauteed BLACK bean sprouts with chinese pickles and soy sauce, topped with sesame seeds. (Yes, Maggie, now I add sesame seeds to everything) It was soooo good!!!

I lost the pic of the rest of my dinner which was sauteed greens and celery oats. Dessert: KABOCHA!!!
Breakfast for Thursday:
sammie
Again: I couldn't taste grass in this package either and I didn't add banana purposely to taste it. So far so good! ^_^
Dinner: steamed fish with more black bean sprouts & pickles, sauteed greens and celery oats. KABOCHA as dessert obviously!
These are snacks that I packed for the weekend. I hope I don't consume all these!!!
Today's breakfast: Greener oats (I'm adding more and more spinach each time) with raspberries and ABU.
Question: How often do you go for a getaway? Which cities would you go?

13 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

FANTASTIC opportunity!!!! Enjoy and I cannot wait to read about it when you return :-)

Emily said...

Have a great time on your yoga retreat! You've been working so hard, and you deserve some relaxation time.

After I'm done with school (almost 7 years of post high school ed when I'm done..eeek!), I really want to take a trip to Europe! It's been a long time since I've gone on a "real" vacation, and I can't wait!

Mrs. LC said...

hehe am I the only one that thinks it's silly that they scheduled a "spontaneous" hike? :)

You're going to have such a wonderful weekend, can't wait for the recap!

Unknown said...

have a GREAT time this weekend!!!

Susan said...

Oooh, your trip sounds glorious!! I don't get away as often as I'd like. But when I do, it's always either to visit my family or boyfriend who live in cities close by. At least I can hop in the car and make a quick trip out of it :)

I have yet to find kobocha, but I bet it makes a fabulous dessert! Squash and nut butter is one of my new faves :)

Krista said...

This yoga retreat sounds amazing! Enjoy yourself...

Maggie said...

Yay for sesame!! Enjoy your retreat :)

Thanks for your comment yesterday. I'm feeling better today :)

Alison Can Read said...

A yoga weekend sounds really fun! It'd be nice to go on vacation and actually come back refreshed. Usually I do so much that I'm exhausted afterward

A Toronto girl out West said...

Have an amazing time Coco!! Enjoy every second of your getaway~ :o)

Gina; The Candid RD said...

Wow, that sounds like such an amazing experience. Enjoy your time and have fun being completely relaxed and calm, awww, I'm jealous!

As far as a getaway, I'd like to go to Italy or Spain, those are my two destination goals for the future!

Anonymous said...

Hello gorgeous lady! Greetings from Poland! I wanted to check in on your fabulous blog and I'm so excited for you - the yoga retreat sounds like a fabulous idea. And a grea time! I don't often have retreats - the last time I went anywhere was 2 years ago, to Queensland (which is in the North of Australia). I'm loving being away now! There's nothing like seeing new things!

Your green oats are making me green with envy! That is definately something I am missing a lot :-)

The Purple Carrot said...

Hope your getaway was wonderful!! : )

Pearl said...

coco! quick question - where did you get that adorable red suitcase?

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin