July 14, 2009

Day 2 in Chicago: blogger meet up, biking tour and foooooood!

Day 2 in Chicago was even more fun that Day 1. I've met two fabulous ladies, did a biking tour around old town and the beach.... I have no words to describe how beautiful Chicago is and how kind people are in Chicago.
I took the train to meet with Michelle from Lucky Taste Buds! She is the sweetiest girl I've met!!! She's pretty, TALL, fresh and really a sweet person!!! yeah~~~ Sweet is the word that keep popping in my head when I think about her. Look what a great gift she brought to me...

so many goodies! I've already ate those cute hearty cookies! hahaha....Love those!

I wanted to go to the indian place that Michelle recommended to me but I had a biking tour at 1.30pm and didn't have enough time, so I just grab a turkey sandwich on my way. I guess I'll have to visit Chicago again for that Indian food!!! (which I'd love to and actually plan to)
Our tour guide explaining safety of the bike
and then we went to explore the city
this is the first play boy house!
the first house built after the great fire
a miracle church reconstructed two years after the fire
it's really beautiful
my casual outfit for the occasion
the beach was CROWDED
And then Mara from What's for dinner? was sooooooooo kind to pick me up in downtown. We couldn't arrange a place that is convenient for both of us (i don't have a car and have to commute in public transportation and she drives so parking would be a problem if we pick a place in downtown). After several emails she was so nice to offer to pick me up in downtown and go wherever we want for dinner. How nice! But her kindness just began. She took me to a Mediterranean restaurant and we had a feast there!!! So much good food!!!
Appetizer: falafel, hummus, Persian salad, rice and pita bread
My entree: vegetarian selection 2. I don't know the name of these... but they were delicious!!!When we finished our dinner, she offered to drive me home, which is about an hour driving!!! That saved me waiting for two hours and take the train for 90 min!!! I can't be more thankful!!! Thank you Mara, you're awesome!!! And she's sooooo funny!!! We had great time chatting and kept saying the same thing at the same time!!! hahaha..... maybe because we're about the same age, we share many thoughts and feelings about getting old! ^_^

Such a great day and great trip, although too short. But that's not a problem, this is just an "appetizer" of Chicago, I'm going to come back for the "entree" soon!

Lastly I want to thank to DC, who was a great host as well his family. We've become friends after we met on my flight back to China at the end of last year. Such a way to meet friends!!! A shout out of us near The Bean!

hahaha.... as Michelle said: I'm a lucky girl who always meet good people!

I have couple of things to review: the Skin Type book, Amazing Grass and a new toy!! ^_^ Stay tune!

19 comments:

Mrs. LC said...

Chicago looks so fun, and you ARE one lucky girl for getting to meet so many awesome people!

Krista said...

I absolutely LOVE how you've been taking bike tours to see new cities. I think that's a great idea!

You are having such a fun summer....one to remember for sure!

Unknown said...

love touring on the bike! and what a great visit :)

Emily said...

Looks like you had such a fun time! I'm really sorry we didn't get to meet; hopefully we can the next time we're both in Chicago. :-)

The bike tour sounds like such a fun thing to do!

Annabel said...

Aww you're so lucky you got to meet Michelle and Mara! Love the pix!

janetha said...

oh what fun blogger meet ups! i have never done one. all that architectural stuff is stunning, chicago looks amazing.. makes me really want to go there! thanks for sharing your adventures!

Anonymous said...

The blogger meetups look so fun! Your mediterranean plate looks soo good too.

Mara @ What's For Dinner? said...

I had so much fun meeting you!!!

Faith said...

Chicago is such a beautiful city, it looks like you're having a wonderful time! (And great eats!)

Sweta (My Indian Dietitian) said...

What a fun way to tour a city!! Loved reading and seeing the city through your blog :)

Alison Can Read said...

Looks like you had a fabulous time! The bike tour looks way fun. I love Chicago. I've only been there once but I really want to go again.

lynn said...

how much fun! have never been to chicago; have always wanted to!

Tasty Health Food said...

You look like you've having a great time! Mind if I ask what that Chocoholic box is in the first picture? It looks like a really cute mug and I was wondering where you got it. :D

ChickPea said...

Wow, that church really is breathtaking--as is your lunch!

Balance, Joy and Delicias! said...

Tasty Health Food: I don't know where can you get that mug, it was part of the gift! :)

Erica said...

Another great day! That appetizer with the falafel and hummus looks fabulous. Hooray for the blogger meet ups! Michelle does seem like such a sweetie!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait for the Clear Skin Diet review. I'm really interested in that :D I know a lot of my problem is that I have a high level of testosterone.. so I'm trying to level that out too.

Trying To Heal said...

what a great trip! and so many blogger meet ups! i'm jealous!

and you're going to love the qbels!!! Jenn gave me some and i loooooovvvvvvedddd them!

Anonymous said...

Aww CoCo you're WAY too kind!!I had such a fabulous time chatting with you too and you are definitely SUPER sweet too!! :) You made my city look so awesome in those pictures it makes me wonder why I dont appreciate CChicago more!

Hope home is treating you well!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin