July 12, 2009

Chicago day 1: I'm in love with the bean!

First day in Chicago was sooooo fun!!! We (me and DC, my friend who I'm staying with) walked around downtown all day long and I couldn't stop saying: oh.... this is soooo beautiful!!! Every scene, every building is so pretty, so unique, and together they form an incredible city view! ^_^ And the most exciting part of the day was to visit chicago bean sculpture! DC told me that everyone who comes to Chicago should visit the bean sculpture and I wonder what makes it so special. But when I first saw it, I inmediately fell in love with it! it's sooooo exotic and so fun at the same time. I couldn't help but take thousands pictures of it.
Other shots of Chicago.
And then the food. DC's mom was so kind to prepare us a big feast for breakfast. I can't remember last time I had this kind of food in the morning, but totally enjoyed it.
and then for lunch I went to Veggiegirl's recommendation: Karyn's Cooked.appetizer
I ordered the raw plate: raw hummus (sunflower seeds with tahini), raw nuts paste, two raw rolls with avocado, nut paste and veggies, more veggies and an avocado. Such a cute andvoluminous plate and delicious!!!DC had meat loaf which he seemed to enjoy! :)
And then we had the chicago mix popcorn!
We took the train to go back, totally exhausted DC and me, but I was happy! ^_^
His mom prepared us a nice Chinese dinner.

Such an enjoyable day 1. Today will be another great day, I'll be meeting two fellow famous bloggers! Can't wait to meet these ladies! :)

13 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

So glad that my recommendation for Karyn's Cooked was good! :-)

Mara @ What's For Dinner? said...

You've made my city look amazing!!! Can't wait to see you! :)

Erica said...

AH! Glad you're having another blasty of a trip!! The raw restaurant looks fabulous (veggiegirl def knows what shes talking about)-great raw platter

Unknown said...

what fun! looks like a good time :)

Janetha @ meals + moves said...

wow such stunning photos! of both the food and scenery and YOU! thanks for the details of the trip!!

Gina; The Candid RD said...

great pictures! Looks like you're having a fabulous time, I can't wait to see and hear more about it!

Krista said...

What fun photos you took in the bean!!! And the others of Chicago are wonderful!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, this place looks SOOO familiar to me...because I used to go to college there! Your raw platter looks SO interesting!

ChickPea said...

Wow, Karyn's Cooked looks amazing!

TheBoyfriend1124 said...

The mirror ball really is very beautiful and interesting........

It is so nice to see you enjoy your trip so much.

Anonymous said...

Glad you made it safe to our town. Well, it used to be my town til I loved 60 miles NW - would have loved to hook up with you if I was closer!

Gotta love the bean too! :D

Julie said...

oh! i cant wait to go to chicago! it looks great :) looks like you're having an awesome time!

Anonymous said...

I had so much fun meeting and talking to you!! I'm so glad that you love the bean - you should totally get the Tiffany's necklace of the bean...heheheh

I hope you had a great bike tour and a fun dinner with Mara! OHHH more importantly, I hope you enjoyed India house!! :) Safe travels my dear - hope work isn't too tiring today!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin