- rice (any kind, I used 2/3 brown, 1/3 white)
- pok choy (a big package)
- shitake mushrooms
- sausage (or any other kind of smoked meat)
- edamame (cooked)
- Salt, Sugar, Oil
2. Sautee all the veggies and the sausage for about 10min with some oil.
3. Put rinsed rice, sauteed veggies into the rice cooker.4. Cook the rice until it's ready.
5. Stir, seasoned with salt and pinch of sugar and re-cook again for about 10 min more.
6. Ready to serve!It doesn't look pretty, but it's soooooo delicious!!! I like to make a big pot and freeze them in small package so it's my frozen meal for those days that I don't want to cook. I think it's healthier than frozen meal that you buy in store. But I need a name for it, any suggestion?
I hope you find it easy, let me know if you have any question or if you decide to try it.
Yesterday wasn't a leisure day but wasn't hard working day either. Went to school to teach, worked at home all day and went to a spin class. Nothing very exciting to report!
Breakfast: boring but yummy combo! (don't worry, I'm not totally abandoning oatmeal!)Back from school I was feeling dizzy so I had a toasted WW bread with laughing cow which was delicious but didn't help for the dizziness.Lunch: A massive salad with carrot mayonnaise + bowl of rice with sausage.Dessert: POM jelly + Argentinean chocolate.look what's inside of this cuttie, dulce de leche!!!PM snack before spin class: I had another instant oatmeal from McCann's (full review soon! ) with PB.Dinner: sauteed greens with mushrooms, an ugly stir fry made with eggplant, green onions, broccoli, egg and Goya seasoning and black rice porridge.I was lucky to receive 3 Better Whey Yogurt as sample from Kasey. They came in today and I was surprised to receive them in a insulated box! So fancy!!!I tried the Acai Mix Berry on POM jelly. The whey yogurt contains 15-17g of protein per 6 oz. cup. That’s almost like Greek yogurt. In term of taste, it's a little bit tart, but creamier than standard non-Greek yogurt. A full review to come when I try other two flavors.
Today's to-do list:
- nap perhaps (I woke up at 4am)
Question: Do you celebrate Easter? What's your favorite part of the celebration?