I've received some great and insightful answers to my last post question about if we care about others opinion about us. I thought it worth post it here:
- I'm with veggiegirl, I tend to be very sensitive ... too sensitive!! I'm a people-pleaser and I NEVER want anyone to be disappointed in me, etc. But I'm trying to toughen up and get thicker skin! - Lesley
- it depends on who the person is. If it is someone who I really care about, I worry about their opinion of me.- Meg A comment phrased or said the wrong way can totally destroy me. At the same time, I don't always trust compliments I get but appreciate them. Basically, I don't let them go to my head.- Becca
- I feel much more confident when others compliment me - I'm generally pretty self-conscious and sometimes I feel like people are judging me - I don't know why!- Maggie
- I think, even though I don't like to admit it, that opinions affect me. I try not to let them discourage me but instead use them to make myself a better and stronger person.-Emily
- It can be hard to block out others opinions. I, being the perfectionist that I am, sometimes let them hurt my heart and change my attitude. But then I realize that the things they say negatively about me, are only projections of their insecurities. It is so wonderful to be confident in you are. When you are confident with yourself, others notice. Only those that are jealous make negative comments.- Courtney
- I think that everyone, no matter how confidant he/she is, need positive influence. Let them be either direct compliments, good gestures or obvious admiration, they're all needed. Besides they're all really nice to receive/give, why wouldn't anyone want them? ;-) - Lengslog
- I don't need to hear compliments to feel confident per say, I actually have a lot of trouble accepting compliments, but they definitely do help confidence level overall. I think other people's opinions do affect me a bit, if someone says something less than kind or critical I'll often stew over it for a while.- lighterportions
- It depends on the issue...but the older I get, the less people's opinions bother me. - I Run for fun
Okay. Now back to yesterday's eats. I woke up around 6am after a good 9 hours sleep, totally refreshed and energized. No yoga in the morning because I had to teach at 8am. Breakfast was a lovely pink bowl: 1/2 c. oat bran, 1/2 c. almond milk, 1 c. blended strawberries stir-in at the end, vanilla/cinnamon.Very filling and beautiful bowl with the pinky spoon with GYG.AM snack: soft wrap with chocolate PB.Lunch: leftover sauteed cauliflower with Tj's turkey ball, greens, stir fry of tofu with leek and dry shrimp. And rice.Dessert: mochi!PM snack: an apple and another soft wrap with Choc PB.Back home around 7pm, didn't feel hungry yet (my tiger hunger decided to leave). To be consistent with the yoga challenge, I did 60 min power vinyasa flow #3. Felt wonderful afterward.
Still not hungry. So dinner was just sauteed bok choy, dry pumpkin and black rice porridge.Dessert/treat: 1/2 c. of fage 2% with cinnamon and vanilla.Then I talked to my bf planning what I'm going to do in Buenos Aires during the two weekends... (weekdays I'll be working on my research) And we've decided to go to a friend's farm, another friend's country house, and probably flight over Buenos Aires in a private jet!!! So excited!!!
A pic of the brunch's dessert! They're incredibly delicious and cute!
Question: If you see a friend who's doing something that you think it's wrong but it doesn't directly affect you, would you tell her/him?